Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 5 of MomDot Blog Party

Sponsors: Day Five Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Baby Pop and Chic Covers
Question: Today, make a blog post about what you do to give back during the holidays. Do you volunteer your time? If so, please tell us where. What do you do to teach your children the true meaning of the holidays?
The one thing I do every year without fail is donate canned food to the food pantry. I usually do other things as well but not always the same thing. One year I sent some toys and other supplies to Katrina victims. I've bought Toys for Tots in the past (and volunteered to wrap them). Last year and this year, I'm making donations to Hannah's closet (the girls' day care has a tree with angels on it and we can pick an angel off and buy what's written on the angel for one of the families, this year, I'm buying sleepers for a baby girl).
We really need to work more on teaching the real meaning of the holidays to our kids, especially now that Sara's old enough to understand. That will be my goal for this year, and to start it out, I'm going to take her to buy the sleepers for that little baby girl this Friday.

4 comments:

MMJ said...

I donated canned goods through my stepson's school...I forgot about that. Sounds like you're doing a great job giving!

Cathy said...

Those are all great organizations to give to!

hippos toes said...

Good for you for donating to those worthwhile organizations!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Food pantries are going to need even more this year!

 
QAMom © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você