Monday, November 17, 2008

Mom Dot Blog Pary Day 4

Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama


And the Party continues at MomDot! Click the pic above to check it out!

What is your favorite Holiday recipe?
Hmm, that's a tough question. I LOVE food (which would be obvious if you could see me, I really need to go on a diet!). How about our most unusual item instead, 'cause I can't pick just one favorite! I think the most unusal would have to be Scalloped Onions.

Describe your holiday table.
At one time, when I was younger, we had a kids table and an adults table, but now that I've got kids, when my family gets together, they're the ONLY kids, so they'd be pretty lonely. We've been using the local Lions Club (of which my parents are members) or this year for Thanksgiving we're going to eat at my parents' church. There are just too many people to fit in my parents' kitchen and this way, we can all sit at one big table comfortably. My husband's family usually does one or two big tables as well instead of a kids table and an adult table.

What is your biggest holiday cooking disaster?
I'm probably going to jynx myself, but I very rarely have cooking disasters. I've never had one for a holiday, although I don't do much of the cooking for the holidays since we're usually visiting someone else. The last cooking disaster I had though was when I tried to convert this recipe to use in the crockpot. It turned out so bad that we threw it out and found something else for dinner!

What's your most unusual holiday dish?

14 comments:

MMJ said...

That recipe sounds yummy! Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 Kids and Us said...

lol ive had a few crock pot disasters myself.

Erin Tales said...

The Scalloped Onions sounds like they would go well with holiday dinner!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

I forgot to add water to the crockpot one time. Obviously it ended in a disaster so I feel you.

Staci said...

Scalloped onions sound interesting. I can't think of any recipes that are too unusual, it seems that we are pretty traditional. Or maybe I'm just used to it from eating the same things at holidays for 20 some years.

Melissa said...

Scalloped Onions.. does sound interesting. One that my family makes is called Asparagus Casserole. It's my grandmother's recipe and I made it for my husbands family one year.. and now it's become a favorite among his folks too.

Stephanie said...

Scalloped onions sounds like something my gram would make...except this recipe actually sounds tasty!

Allison said...

I LOVE food as well!!! I am not a picky eater so I pretty much eat anything in sight!

Tena said...

I am collecting lots of yummy recipes today! Like you I am a huge fan of food! LOL

Natalie said...

I love food too and have the few extra pounds to show for it, but at least I will die happy

Cathy said...

This dish may not be unusual to others, but I had never had, nor had I heard of, oyster stuffing until I had Thanksgiving with my husband's family. Unusual, but not bad!

caroline said...

My family does Oyster stuffing too. (check out my Day 2 post).

I don't eat most seafood though so don't eat it.

Tracye said...

i've never heard of scalloped onions... sounds good.

i like the idea of having the party somewhere where everyone is not so cramped!

much more comfortable than trying to balance a plate of food on your knees!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

WOW~ I've never heard of Scalloped Onions. Sound yummy!

 
QAMom © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você