Friday, November 21, 2008

Mom Dot Day 8


Sponsors: Day Eight Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Koshas, Leapfrog and Soda Club.
Question:
Do you shop on Black Friday? What time do you start? Do you finish all your shopping on that day? What’s the best deal you have found? What’s your shopping strategy?
Answer:
Sometimes. It depends on if there's something that I see in the ads that would make a good gift and if I have other plans for that day as well. When I start depends on when the sale is, if it's something that's available all day long and I don't think they'll sell out, I'll wait, otherwise, I'll get there as soon as I get the family moving in the morning. One year we had a bunch of coupons for free things (a Christmas plate, a snow globe, etc) so we planned a route based on when places openned and where we could get the free stuff.
I do NOT finish all my shopping that day though. Usually I'm with other people when I go shopping whether it's my husband, kids, or parents, I usually can't buy for them at the same time. And it's just too hectic to try to get everything in one day. I put more thought into gifts and a lot of times, I can get stuff before then (or after) and pay the same price. One year I even saw a store that had a lower price on some of their toys BEFORE black Friday and they raised it up that Friday.

7 comments:

Staci said...

I have to take my son when I go out, so I have to get stuff very discreetly and hide it in the cart, with hopes he won't see it. It'd be so much easier to go alone, wouldn't it?

Natalie said...

I have never particiapted in the Friday of doom before, but I am usaully working. I might go out this year but it will be later in the day that is for sure. I do not think all the crazed shopping Mommas want to deal with me taht early in the morning.

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Unless that plate is made of gold, I'm not venturing out. You are very brave and your organization blows me away!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

You sound like a smart lady! Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday :-)

Tena said...

you at least seem like you have things under control and organized for the chaos that surrounds that day

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Ads are out early this year. You can see them at bfads.net.

Diana

Check out my Family FotoFun Friday @ Diana's Daily Ramblings

Tracye said...

hubs and i are going together this year. the kids will be sleeping at his parents.

 
QAMom © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você