Monday, March 1, 2010

Games, Games and More Games....

We love games at our house and try to have game night at least once a week.  Each game night a different family member gets to choose the game.  Some of our favorites are:

UNO - This teaches color matching and numbers

Dominoes - This can teach numbers, counting, color matching, etc depending on the set of dominoes that you have. We have a Care Bear set and a standard dot set (the different numbers of dots are also color coded).  I really want to do an alphabet set, but I'm waiting for hubby to cut the wood.

Boggle - I got boggle for my 6 year old at Christmas.  She loves it.  I don't know if you've seen it lately, but now it's all self-contained, even the non-travel version, so there aren't any loose pieces.  She was even playing by herself, mixing the letters up and then trying to form words. It's not something my 3 year old can play though.

Scene It - We have the Disney version and it's a favorite of both my kids because you can watch little snippits of movies and they love movies.  I like it because you can fold the board differently to adjust the length of the game for the nights when there isn't a lot of time.

Memory - Fun for all ages. There are different versions out there, some with different shaped cards for younger kids to make it a bit easier.  My brother used to love playing memory with a regular deck of cards.

Over at Mind Games, they're having a contest for another game that's fun for all ages.  The game is called Walk the Dogs and looks like it would be a lot of fun to play.  Go check out the contest and while you're there, take a peek at some of the other great stuff she has on her blog. Lots of great activities for kids!

1 comments:

Jill said...

I love games too! I would host more parties but my hubs isn't as into them :(

 
QAMom © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você