Wednesday, September 23, 2009

WFMW - Making closets easier for kids


Today for WFMW, I'm going to share a tip I've used with both of my kids. I've got two girls who love to wear dresses and like to pick out their own clothes (no, they don't always match, but I'm hoping that will come in time, I just don't feel it's worth the daily battle of trying to make them wear something that they don't want to).

The thing is, their dresses are in the closet and way above their head and out of reach so I ended up having to get them down for them. One day while I was at Kmart, I discovered the Closet Doubler. It hangs below the main rod, so the kids can reach it. Now I can put the girls really nice dresses (that I don't want them wearing to school) and out of season dresses on the top rod and leave the ones they can wear everyday on the bottom where they can reach them. As a bonus, they can also put them away on their own now too!

The Closet Doubler is working for us! For more tips, head over to We are THAT Family.

1 comment:

QAMom said...

@thegecko - That's a great idea! I was thinking about doing it with a piece of pipe (and running rope or chain through it), but wasn't sure how well it would work if the sides weren't rigid. It's good to know that will work, because I might want to add another one to their closets.

I also think they'll be able to use them when they're older for skirts and shirts that aren't full length.